Last updated October 22, 2019
This is the Website of Strategic Systems Consulting, Inc. (dba
eApps Hosting). We can be reached via Email at privacy@eApps.com. Strategic
Systems Consulting, Inc. is concerned about the privacy of its
customers, users and site visitors and is committed to protecting
is by inclusion part of our Hosting Agreement.
Data Collected From Web Site Visitors - For each visitor to our Web site, our Web server automatically recognizes the domain of the visitor. We capture your IP address and automatically collect data about our web site visitors using "cookies" on your hard drive. Visitors may opt out of the capture of their IP address. We collect the Email addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail or web form, analyze aggregate information about what pages visitors access or visit and collect data volunteered by the visitor, such as survey information, inquiries, and/or site registrations.
Use of Data We Collect from Web Site Visitors - The data we collect is used to improve the content of our Web site for marketing analysis and marketing communications. We do not at any time share the data we receive about or from visitors to our Web site with any other company or organization. Such information would only be disclosed as required by law. We do not send marketing communications to web site visitors unless they opt-in. Web site visitors that opt-in have the ability to opt out of receiving further communications.
Customer Data Placed on Our Service - Customer and personal data is placed on our network by customer (including free trial customers) use of the hosting service we provide. These data include names, email addresses, phone numbers, mailing addresses and other related information. The data is used to validate the identify of users of our service, to communicate with users of the service, and to perform online commerce for the payment of the service. Our company does not provide these data to third parties, other than vendors that may have access to these data for the express purpose of supporting the vendor provided systems. Also, Strategic Systems Consulting, Inc. only discloses these data to other entities as required by law. We respect the confidentiality of these data and will not use these data for any other purpose without your express consent. Our employees may be exposed to these data in the course of performing their duties. Our employees are bound by a confidentiality agreement to not disclose customer data for any reasons.
Customer Data for Communications - We sometimes use these data to communicate with our customers regarding critical technical issues, advice about, and changes to, the hosting service as well as for marketing and promotional purposes. Customers may opt out of marketing and promotional messages at any time. The following methods are used to communicate with customers.
1. Email Communications (System Messages) - Our Cloud Management systems send automated messages for a number of events, including but not limited to provisioning messages, service usage guides, billing and payments, resource usage and outage alerts, communication confirmations, and more. These messages are part and parcel of the subscribed services and can not be suspended. Also, suspension of these messages could result in mistakes and omissions of a serious nature. For these reasons, the only way to discontinue the receipt of these messages is to terminate the customer relationship with eApps. Customers that have questions about system messages should contact privacy@eApps.com.
2. Email Communications (Technical Bulletins) - We send technical bulletins to customers when necessary. These bulletins contain important information about scheduled maintenance events, security vulnerabilities, and actions being taken by eApps that may impact your service. These messages are part and parcel of the subscribed services and can not be suspended. Furthermore, suspension of these messages will likely result in mistakes and omissions of a serious nature. For these reasons, the only way to discontinue the receipt of these messages is to terminate the customer relationship with eApps. Customers that have questions about system messages should contact privacy@eApps.com.
3. Email Communications (Marketing) - We send newsletters, articles, information about new services (many of which are offered at no charge), and special offers and promotions to our customers. Our goal is to provide our customers with marketing related information that adds value to the use of the subscribed services, without being intrusive or repetitive. These communications provide important information about the subscribed services, and fulfill a legitimate business interest. Furthermore, the majority of our customers are business entities, for which failure to deliver these communications would deprive these entities from important information needed to save time and money, and ensure that their service attains optimal performance and security. For this reason we opt-in, by default, all customers (including free trial customers). Our promotional emails give the recipients the ability to opt out of receiving these mailings in the future. If you receive a promotional Email from us that does not allow you to opt out, and you do not want to receive promotional Email from us in the future, please let us know by sending an Email to privacy@eApps.com telling us that you do not want to receive any promotional Email from our company.
4. Postal Communications - eApps does not send communications via post.
5. Phone Communications - Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers online may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding promotions and events that we believe may be of interest. If you do not wish to receive such calls, please let us know by sending Email to privacy@eApps.com or a letter to our mailing address as found on the Contact Us page of our Web site. We will be sure your name is removed from the list we use for promotional purposes.
Right of Individuals to Access and Manage Their Personal Data - Individuals that have personal data and/or account data on the eApps systems have the right to access and edit these data at any time, either through the customer portal or control panels or upon request. Individuals may request access to their personal data and account data, and may also request that Strategic Systems Consulting, Inc. remove these data, at any time, subject to legal and operational requirements for data retention, by sending an Email to privacy@eApps.com.
Obligation of eApps to Comply with Lawful Personal Data Requests - eApps has an obligation to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, as well as to comply with official subpoenas from the courts. All such requests are directed to the eApps Privacy Officer to ensure that such requests are valid and handled properly.
U.S. Department of Commerce Privacy Shield for EU and Swiss Citizens - We self-certify compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss - U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the transfer, collection, use, and retention of personal data collected from citizens of European Union member countries, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland to the United States, respectively. Strategic Systems Consulting, Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, Recourse, Enforcement, and Liability. All Strategic Systems Consulting, Inc.'s vendors that have access to, or are recipients of, onward transfer of personal data of EU and Swiss citizens placed on our service are contractually required, or have made a formal commitment, to abide by our privacy policies and the Principles and Directives of the Privacy Shield Framework. In the case of a violation of the Principles and Directives of the Privacy Shield Framework due to the onward transfer of personal data of EU and Swiss citizens to third parties, eApps Hosting may be liable for damages resulting from the violation. eApps Hosting's liability is defined and limited by the terms of our Hosting Agreement. Under the the Privacy Shield Framework, Strategic Systems Consulting, Inc. is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U. S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC). To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, and to view Strategic Systems Consulting, Inc..s certification, please visit the US Commerce Department Privacy Shield web site. EU and Swiss citizens that want to file a dispute regarding Strategic Systems Consulting, Inc..s handling of their own private data have the right to to invoke binding arbitration, under certain conditions, by following the steps described by the Privacy Shield Framework; see Privacy Shield Annex I, section C. Pre-Arbitration Requirements. Strategic Systems Consulting, Inc. uses JAMS, an independent dispute resolution provider, based in Irvine, California, USA, as the independent recourse mechanism described in the Pre-Arbitration Requirements. There is no charge for filing a claim or for any aspect of the resolution process. To make use of the independent recourse mechanism individuals can file a claim at https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-claim. Strategic Systems Consulting, Inc. is committed to the satisfactory resolution of claims in a timely manner.
GDPR Statement - As a Cloud service provider, eApps has personal data of individuals in the EU and therefore is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). eApps has a process in place to achieve compliance with GDPR. eApps also has vendors that have access to, or stores, personal data of individuals. Our GDPR compliance process recognizes this and is designed to ensure that our vendors commit to GDPR compliance. Also, eApps customers may have personal data of individuals in the EU for which eApps has responsibilities under GDPR. eApps takes these responsibilities seriously, and will take action to protect the private data of individuals, and report breaches of these data, as required under GDPR.
Contacting eApps Regarding Privacy Issues - Questions, concerns, and requests about the privacy of personal data stored on eApps systems should be directed to our Privacy Officer at privacy@eApps.com.
Request Migration Assistance
We have extensive experience migrating sites, applications and servers. Click the Request button for a free, or subsidized, migration proposal.
Request a Free Consultation
Our professional advisors are ready to learn about your needs and recommend a cost effective solution. Click the Request button to contact our team.