Reporting Copyright Violations
Strategic Systems Consulting, Inc. d/b/a eApps and eApps Hosting (hereinafter 'eApps') respects the intellectual property of its clients and third parties. We understand that from time to time there may be situations where one party believes that another is infringing on its copyrights.
In compliance with the Copyright Act, as amended by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, eApps has adopted procedures for parties who believe that a hosted site on our service is infringing their copyrights. All copyright complaints must be submitted to the eApps designated agent for copyright notices. Under Section 512(c) of the Copyright Act, a copyright notice submitted to eApps must contain the following information to be valid:
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are contained on a single online site covered by a single notice, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit eApps to locate the material.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit eApps to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
NOTE: Under the Copyright Act, if you knowingly misrepresent that materials on a site hosted by eApps are infringing, you may be subject to civil penalties, including monetary damages, court costs and attorney fees incurred by eApps, any copyright owner or their licensees as a result of our reliance on your misrepresentation. The written notice may be transmitted to our designated agent through the following means:
|Designated Agent:||Richard Lingsch|
|By Mail:||7742 Spalding Drive, #363, Norcross, GA 30092|
Request Migration Assistance
We have extensive experience migrating sites, applications and servers. Click the Request button for a free, or subsidized, migration proposal.
Request a Free Consultation
Our professional advisors are ready to learn about your needs and recommend a cost effective solution. Click the Request button to contact our team.